Last Updated October 1, 2016
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in TripActions, Inc. (“TripActions” “us” or “we”) and our Services, as described in the TripActions Terms of Service.
The information that we collect:
- User-provided Information
When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, such as you name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, demographic information and credit card information. For example, you may provide us with personally identifiable information when you register for an Account, use the Services, post Your Data, or send us customer service related requests. We may also request information on your travel preferences.
- Travel Companion Information.
When you make a reservation for someone else through this Site, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your Account.
- “Cookies” Information
When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information
When you use the Services or open one of our HTML e-mails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Services, the pages you view on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. This information is gathered for all users. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
- Third Party Web Beacons:
We may also implement third party content that allows the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Services or may otherwise allow such third party to collect information about you. This information is collected directly by the third party, and TripActions does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, storage and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources:
How we use the information we collect:
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we used it in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business. For example:
- We will use all of the information that you provide and that we collect to understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your Your Data posted on the Services or (b) to send you promotional messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages or by updating your Account preferences through the Services.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- We use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the travel bookings you conduct through the Services.
- Please review “Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” below.
When we disclose information:
We disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with providing the Services and the operation of our business. For example:
- Any information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Services will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We may disclose information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- We make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect TripActions, Inc. and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Services; to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TripActions, Inc. our users, or others, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- If you were referred to this Site from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- We may share your personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
If you are a member of a TripBucks Reward Program, information related to your bookings will be shared with your Employer. This information may include the name of the person booking travel; destination; travel dates; relevant suppliers, including hotels and airlines; and itinerary number. It will not include credit card numbers, passport numbers, or frequent flier numbers. If you terminate your membership in this Program, no further information will be shared.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account preferences page through the Services. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice at any time in your Account. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. You may have the opportunity through the Services to provide a mobile number in order to receive day-of-travel flight alerts. You may discontinue these alerts at any time. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site, you will not be able to access portions of our Site.
Third Party Services:
The Services may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years-of-age to use the Services or knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 13 years-of-age. If you are under 13 years-of-age, then please do not use or access Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Services from persons under 13 years-of-age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years-of-age has obtained an Account on the Services, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. As with any website, we cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
The Services are hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Services you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of TripActions, Inc. or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
California Privacy Rights:
Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties, as well as the name and address of the third parties that receive such Personal Information. If you want a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
1134 Crane Street
Menlo Park CA 94025 USA
Our Contact Information:
1134 Crane Street
Menlo Park CA 94025 USA