10 Books to Read on Your Next Business Trip
Today is National Read Across America Day, which might seem like a holiday best celebrated in the classroom, but the most frequent business travelers know that reading a good book, literally while flying across America (or any other country for that matter), can make travel go by quicker while being a more valuable experience.
At TripActions, we focus on getting you there so you can focus on being there. But those quiet moments in a hotel room or even a long-haul flight create pockets of time that you can make the most of. It might be an audiobook while you drive away from the airport, or a Kindle ebook that you can delve into on the plane, or even a physical book that you pick up at the end of the day to give your eyes a break from the screen.
We talked to some of the most traveled members of the TripActions team and found out their favorite business reads for a business trip.
Ben Horowitz’s newest book is at the top of our list. Not only is Ben an investor in TripActions, but he is a friend and a mentor. His latest book looks at the scope of ancient history in order to make sense of leadership and organizational culture and apply it to businesses today.
Each of these books outlines a path towards growth, evolution, and innovation -- and there’s nothing we’d rather let our brains snack on than positive plans.
- What You Do Is Who You Are by Ben Horowitz
- Writing My Wrongs by Shaka Senghor
- From Good to Great by Jim Collins
- The CEO Next Door by Elena Botelho and Kim Powell
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Responsible Company by Yvon Chouinard and Vincent Stanley
- Stillness Is the Key by Ryan Holiday
- The Empathy Edge by Maria Ross
- The Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger
TripActions focuses on getting you there so you can use the time getting there to read, relax, and arrive ready.