Open for Business Podcast: Driving Business Continuity and Recovery
How do strategic, technical, and product leaders innovate quickly in times of need? How important is a pre-existing culture of rapid innovation? What about being focused on customer success? Data driven?
Conscious of the challenges faced by organizations and their travelers during an unprecedented and uncertain time, TripActions co-founder and CTO Ilan Twig led his team to quickly develop business-critical solutions that helped customers manage through COVID-19. These new products, sometimes built and released in days and over weekends, fundamentally changed how customers were able to respond to the crisis. New products and enhanced functionality released in the days and weeks following the virus outbreak include the coronavirus dashboard, regional blacklisting, automated unused tickets and waivers, and policy setting options with deeper customization and more granular control.
Most recently, Ilan’s team -- in partnership across Engineering, Product, and Marketing -- introduced the free, public-facing TripActions Business Travel Recovery™ site, which, based on established epidemiological models as well as proprietary TripActions data and analysis, provides powerful insights to help travel managers and travelers alike assess the safety of travel. Our route-based recovery framework provides bold predictions for the future of business travel with insights that enable action now.
We sit down with Ilan Twig, co-founder and CTO at TripActions, and Rob Winters, Director of Data at TripActions, to learn how their teams tapped into the power of publicly-available data along with data proprietary to TripActions to build the product features and functionality that the industry needs to get back to business and travel safely and cost effectively, when ready.
In this episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast, we’ll discuss:
- How data informs the TripActions strategy and product
- The inside story of how TripActions adapted in the face of COVID-19 to build new products in just days for customers and the public
- Understanding customer needs in times of rapid change
- Managing distributed technical teams and maintaining quality in times of rapid innovation
- How corporate travel has changed forever
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 9: “The Future for Rail and Business Travel” - Learn about the future of train travel in Europe and beyond.
- Episode 8: “How Remote Companies Think About Business Travel” - As companies go remote, business travel will play an even more important role in uniting teams.
- Episode 7: “The Future of Business Travel in Cites” - Learn about how cities and where we travel for business will change in the coming decade.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.