Open for Business Podcast: Exploring Hotel and Airline Hygiene in 2020
The COVID-19 global health pandemic has greatly impacted the business travel and expense industry, along with those responsible for managing T&E within their organizations.
Travel suppliers and operators around the world have stepped up their health, safety, and hygiene practices to ensure that business travelers can confidently return to travel knowing that their preferred airports, airlines, hotels, and rental car companies are creating a safe, hygienic, and welcoming environment. From industry-wide standards to individually-implemented practices, everyone is working to ensure that we can all travel safely.
We’re also starting to see new technology come onto the market that will ensure health, safety, and hygiene within the hospitality and travel industries in new ways — and we can expect many more solutions to continue to surface. While we at TripActions are doing everything we can to provide the real-time information and tools needed to navigate these change,s including our COVID Dashboard and the TripActions Business Travel Recovery Tool, it is our suppliers who are ensuring each step of the journey is safe for travelers on the ground and in the skies.
We recently sat down with Michael Levie, COO at CitizenM, and Amber Simonsen, Director of Guest Product Delivery at Alaska Airlines, to talk through how airlines and hotels are handling hygiene and safety so business travelers can return to work travel with confidence.
This corporate T&E podcast covers:
- How suppliers are approaching new hygiene standards
- The journey from March until today
- What systems were created to ensure safety
- The role technology plays in the new normal
- How these changes impact business travelers
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast episodes:
- Episode 12: “Re-Thinking Corporate Hotel Rates Post-COVID”- Learn more about what to expect from the future of corporate negotiated rates and hotel RFPs, and what you need to do to properly prepare for this new reality.
- Episode 11: “The New Normal for Road Warriors” - Hear directly from the business travelers already taking to the roads and skies in the safest ways possible.
- Episode 10: “Driving Business Continuity and Recovery” - Hear the inside story of how TripActions drove rapid innovation in the days and weeks following the travel shutdown.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.