Open for Business Podcast: How Airports & Airlines Will Transform for the Future
Air travel is forever changed, which may be good news for business travelers. Everything from airport security to seat width is up for innovation as industry leaders diligently think through how to make air travel safer for business travelers around the world. We’re already seeing signs of change with mask mandates and new kinds of security checks. There is also a potential for radical shifts in security, boarding, and in-flight operations that could ultimately improve the air travel experience.
As business travel resumes, business travelers will want to prepare for a new way of moving through airports and the skies, and travel managers are tasked with preparing them as much as possible.
We sat down with Scott Mayerowitz, Executive Editorial Director at The Points Guy, and Skift Aviation Business Editor Brian Sumers to understand how airports and the air travel experience will change for business travelers and those responsible for corporate travel management.
Scott and Brian bring their decades of experience and industry insider knowledge to the fourth episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions, which is now live across all streaming podcast platforms.
In this episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast, we’ll discuss:
- When we can expect air travel to return to pre-pandemic levels
- How the airport experience will change
- How the in-flight experience will change
- What travel managers should do to prepare
- The conversations that suppliers and travel managers should be having
- What CFOs should know about flight prices
- How loyalty programs will change for the better
- Coming innovations and what to look forward to
Next week we’ll be looking at the unused ticket and waiver dilemma facing many organizations and their corporate travel managers today.
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 1: “Building a Culture of Health at Home & On the Road” - Learn how prioritizing physical and mental health for business travelers impacts the whole organization.
- Episode 2: “What Happens When Business Travel Stops” - Get prepared to resume business travel, safely and responsibly.
- Episode 3: “HR’s Elevated Role in Business Travel” - Learn more about the important role that HR professionals play in the return to business travel.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.