Open for Business Podcast: The Future of Loyalty in Business Travel
One of the perks of frequent business travel is the ability to rack up airline and hotel points that can be used for upgrades, free hotel stays, and tickets for personal travel. The loyalty game has changed dramatically over the past few years and especially in recent months. Frequent business travelers were worried about their status and airlines and hotels responded with flexible policies that allowed them to stay in standing despite not traveling.
As business travel resumes, business travelers are going to rethink their loyalty strategies, and travel managers will want to consider their importance when rethinking policies that drive adoption. Additionally, many companies are introducing corporate credit cards that negate the potential point earnings once available with per diems and bookings.
In this episode of Open for Business, we sit down with Ron Davis, Director of Loyalty at Radisson Hotel Group and Dave Canty, Founder of GenZ Loyalty, Partner at New World Loyalty, and former director of loyalty programs at IHG and JetBlue. Also joining us is Grant Martin, Director of Product Marketing at TripActions, and loyalty enthusiast to talk through recent loyalty changes and how business travelers and travel managers should think about loyalty moving forward.
In this episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast, we’ll discuss:
- How the first loyalty programs started
- The biggest changes in the loyalty space caused by COVID-19
- How frequent fliers + road warriors are impacted
- Why loyalty remains a top business travel perk
- Optimistic perspectives on the future of loyalty
- Why TMCs should integrate loyalty programs
- How travel managers + finance leaders should approach loyalty programs
Next week we’ll be looking at the future of cities as knowledge hubs and business travel destinations.
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 5: “Navigating Unused Tickets & Waivers” - Ensure no money is left on the table with these strategies and technologies.
- Episode 4: “How Airports & Airlines Will Transform” - Explore the future of air travel with two leading aviation journalists.
- Episode 3: “HR’s Elevated Role in Business Travel” - Learn more about the important role that HR professionals play in the return to business travel.
- Episode 2: “What Happens When Business Travel Stops” - Get prepared to resume business travel, safely and responsibly.
- Episode 1: “Building a Culture of Health at Home & On the Road” - Learn how prioritizing physical and mental health for business travelers impacts the whole organization.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.