Open for Business Podcast: The New Normal for Road Warriors
Although we are already seeing signs of travel rebounding, with booking activity recovering steadily week over week, most frequent flyers are uncertain what business travel actually looks like today. So we’re bringing together the road warriors and frequent flyers who have started traveling again to learn more about the new realities for road warriors.
From wearing a mask to changes in meal and beverage service in-flight to greater demand for rental cars, travel today is different from how it was even six months ago, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay home.
Airlines, hotels, rental car companies, and train lines have worked hard to come up with the guidelines, protocols, and practices needed to ensure that they could open their doors again with confidence and, in partnership with sound health practices on the part of travelers, have paved the path forward to a new normal, even if temporary.
We sit down with Louise Miller, Managing Partner, Areka Consulting, and Mark Goldberger, Director of Enterprise Travel Management at TripActions, to hear about their travel experiences on the ground and in the skies since the onset of COVID-19 to get a glimpse of what other travelers can expect when they head back out on the road.
This corporate T&E podcast covers:
- The travel experience today, including airports, planes, hotel rooms, and rental cars
- Changes to keep in mind when planning and booking your next trip
- How to prepare mentally and logistically for business travel today
- Why duty of care and partnering with a modern TMC is more important than ever before
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 10: “Driving Business Continuity and Recovery” - Hear the inside story of how TripActions built new products in the days and weeks following the travel shutdown.
- Episode 9: “The Future for Rail and Business Travel” - Learn about the future of train travel in Europe and beyond.
- Episode 8: “How Remote Companies Think About Business Travel” - As companies go remote, business travel will play an even more important role in uniting teams.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.