Business travel is back, which means industry luminaries and trailblazers are coming together once again inside conference halls around the world. Organized on the back of COVID-19, these conferences often include a hybrid element which encourages participants to join in person while permitting for virtual attendance.
And perhaps no other industry has gone through such seismic changes in the past two years as fintech. Catapulted forward in terms of technology and investment, the fintech industry has radically evolved and grown—in turn driving the tacit need for in-person networking. .
Join us as we count down the top 10 most relevant fintech conferences to attend for networking, knowledge sharing, and insights into the future of finance:
10) Fintech Connect is a meeting place for the full fintech ecosystem in Europe. Major financial institutions’ teams attend to learn about market innovations and fintechs accelerate conversations with major buyers across digital transformation, payments, financial security, regtech and blockchain. This year’s event is taking place virtually December 1–2, 2021.
9) Fintech_Devcon presented by Moov is a flagship conference for fintech developers. Hosted in Denver, Colorado in early September 2021, the multi-day event focused on the tools and best practices used by developers across banking, payments, investing, and compliance today.
8) Swell by Ripple is an interactive conference that brings together top figures in the digital currency and blockchain worlds. It is a private event for Ripple customers, prospects, and partners who requested a way to meet others committed to changing the way the world moves money today. The annual conference will take place virtually this year November 9–10, 2021.
7) Sibos is an annual conference, exhibition and networking event organized for the financial industry by SWIFT — the global provider of secure financial messaging services. It brings together thousands of business leaders, decision makers and topic experts for conference sessions and networking events. The 2021 online edition addressed how the financial ecosystem can reassess and reenergize to meet client, regulatory and societal demands of the future.
6) Singapore Fintech Festival is organized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and brings together more than 60,000 participants from 160 countries in the pursuit of evolution among financial services, public policy and technology. The 2021 edition takes place November 8-12, 2021 and will focus on the impact of Web 3.0 on financial services and the movement towards decentralized infrastructure.
5) Paris Fintech Forum debuted a new format in 2021 and hosted a series of 12+ digital events that took place monthly throughout the year. Participants had the opportunity to hear from 300+ speakers via f live panel sessions, keynotes, weekly video interviews, podcasts and pitches. There were also a number of smaller events held in person. There are two final events planned for December 2021.
4) Future of Fintech from CB Insights just wrapped October 5–6, 2021, in New York City. The event provides the latest on new technologies, threats, and markets across banking, lending, payments, wealth management, and capital markets. The in-person event featured 1:1 fireside chats with C-suite executives at financial institutions, CEOs of unicorn startups and fintech leaders as well as dozens of live demos and insights from research, case studies, and workshops. All content was also accessible via livestream.
3) Finovate conferences showcase cutting-edge banking and financial technology through a unique blend of short-form demos and key insights from thought-leaders. Launched in 2007, the team set out to make the most memorable event in financial services technology in New York and has since launched events around the world where more than 1,500 fintech companies have taken the stage in the past 15 years. The 2021 series has wrapped and Finovate will return to Europe in March 2022.
2) Money 20/20 is considered one of the industry’s most consequential shows of the year. It’s where the Payments, Banking, fintech and Financial Services community unites to create new and disruptive ways to move, manage, spend and borrow money. The events are designed to foster networking and inspire knowledge sharing. The event is back in-person October 24 - 27 in Las Vegas with 6,000 participants expected to attend.
1) TRAVERSE is the leading travel and expense festival for finance and travel management professionals hosted by TripActions. Finance leaders can choose from dozens of sessions on the future of expense management and payments as well as hear stories from companies leading the charge in a new way to do business.
The 2021 edition was held at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco on September 29, 2021 -- and, in many ways, was a celebration of TripActions LiquidTM. Launched in 2020, TripActions Liquid quickly took on legacy players and disrupted the space with its modern, user-centric approach. Today it stands as a market leader — a truly seamless, all-in-one travel, payments and expense management solution that offers unparalleled visibility for customers across travel, spend, and sustainability.