New TripActions Features to Ensure Business Travel Continuity
In the last few weeks, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has significantly impacted businesses, their employees, and their business travel plans and policies. In times of restricted travel and uncertainty, our number one priority is to partner with companies to effectively ensure traveler safety.
We are regularly increasing our business travel continuity product offerings and features to give customers timely access to information critical to making better decisions for their travel operations and the safety of travelers. Business travel continuity refers to the ability of organizations to rapidly adapt to ensure they can be resilient in the face of business disruptions, dynamic market changes, and quickly evolving situations like COVID-19.
Our high traveler adoption combined with rich traveler data, flexible policy controls, reporting, and traveler safety tools uniquely positions TripActions to enable customers with the highest level of business travel continuity. We offer a holistic approach to managing travel programs during unforeseen circumstances that threaten to disrupt business operations.
Here’s more about the business travel continuity features available to TripActions customers:
Coronavirus Report Enhancements
As the coronavirus and public health situations escalated, we launched the coronavirus report in the TripActions Admin Dashboard. As of last week, admins can now leverage reporting features including:
- Recent travelers: Easily download a report that shows you all travelers that have visited a Level 1, 2, or 3 country in the last 14 days
- Max cancellation loss: Surface the maximum cost to cancel all of your organization’s current travel reservations to Level 1, 2, and 3 countries so you can determine the financial impact of travel cancellations at-a-glance
Blacklist Travel for Specific Cities
Admins now also have the ability to block travel to and within specific cities as well as a specific mile radius around the city. City Blacklisting is available for any city, not just cities impacted by COVID-19.
Traveler Report and Booking Report Enhancements
Updates to both traveler reports and booking reports in the TripActions Admin Dashboard make it easy for admins to pull a report of active travelers:
- In light of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s recent restrictions on travel from Europe, admins can now quickly pull reports on travelers in specific continents and states
- The traveler report also features new continent, country, and city columns so you can see the exact departure and arrival locations for travelers in the report
Financial Impact of Canceling Travel
All booking reports pulled from the Admin Dashboard now include a column that displays the max cancellation loss amount associated with canceling each booking. Max cancellation loss is an estimated calculation of the most your organization would have to pay to cancel bookings.
This calculation provides admins with increased visibility into the financial impact of their company’s changing travel plans.
Keep Track of Unused Tickets
Admins will be able to pull unused ticket reports in the TripActions Admin Dashboard.
- This report provides a detailed look at unused flight tickets, the travelers associated with those credits, and when credits expire
- This report gives visibility into credits that can be used to reduce future travel spend with unused tickets, helping ensure they don’t get lost in the shuffle and expire before use
Please note that unused ticket reports are only available to TripActions customers with a U.S. or Australia POS.
Coming Updates - A Dashboard Just for Managers
A new, manager-specific dashboard gives anyone with direct reports visibility into their team’s travel bookings, out-of-policy bookings, and overall spend.
Check back on the tripactions.com blog for more information on feature releases, product updates, and the latest coronavirus news. For a detailed look at these new features and more, register for our live What’s New webinar on Mar. 25.