Open for Business Podcast: Future of Business Travel in Cities
Cities are the ultimate knowledge hubs. From Dallas to Dubai, we travel to metropolitan centers to congregate, sign deals over coffee and learn insights in auditoriums. Cities have also been the hardest hit in recent months and our adoration with these complex, crowded but stimulating and vibrant centers has been put on pause.
Cities will be where we reconnect with clients and colleagues, where we go to hear big ideas on big stages, and forge personal relationships on restaurant patios. Cities’ importance must be celebrated and embraced as business travel returns, but that doesn’t mean that there won’t be changes to the business travel destinations.
We sat down with Greg Oates, SVP of Innovation at MMGY NextFactor and Tom Hall, VP of Experiences at Lonely Planet, to talk through cities’ role as business travel destinations and why embracing them to forge in-person connections is the future of business.
In this episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast, we’ll discuss:
- The biggest opportunities for change in cities
- How business tourism will change in the next 2 years
- The rise of second-tier cities
- The future of meetings and events
- Why city’s communications must go beyond health and safety
- Which destinations are best positioned for the future of business travel
“The travel industry has the chance to -- with integrity and honesty -- confront the questions that have been threatening to seriously undermine it over the past few years," said Hall during the podcast. “This is truly a time for thinking differently like we have never seen before throughout the travel industry in business travel and consumer travel. This may be the closest that we ever come to a clean slate.”
If this is your first time tuning in, check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 6: “The Future of Loyalty in Business Travel” - Understand how airline and hotel loyalty is changing and can drive platform adoption among business travelers.
- Episode 4: “How Airports & Airlines Will Transform” - Explore the future of air travel with two leading aviation journalists.
- Episode 2: “What Happens When Business Travel Stops” - Get prepared to resume business travel, safely and responsibly.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travelers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.