Last updated on April 29, 2021
Any use of or access to the Community by anyone under the age of 16 is prohibited.
DISPUTES AND ARBITRATION
If you have any complaints or disputes about your use of the Community, TripActions will try to resolve your concerns directly. If such efforts are unsuccessful, any claims may be pursued by you or TripActions as set forth below.
Informal resolution. Before filing a claim, each party agrees to try to resolve the dispute by contacting the other party through reasonable means and providing notice of the dispute. Both parties will use good faith efforts to attempt to reach a resolution. If a dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) days of notice, either party may bring a formal proceeding in arbitration.
INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE COMMUNITY
You represent and warrant that you will be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, quality and legality of any information you provide in connection with the Community, including Registration Information, the means by which you acquired such information, and your use of such information in connection with the Community. Your first name, last name, profile picture, location and other information you provide in connection with the Community, including Registration Information, may be publicly displayed, including on any profile page or in connection with your activities. Your TripActions Community Account (defined below) may make available functionality enabling you to manage certain of your notifications and other preferences. TripActions may use or disclose your information, including (a) for internal business purposes, such as to improve TripActions products and services by better understanding how TripActions users interact with Programs; or (b) to create aggregated, non-personal data that does not identify you or any other individual, which TripActions may use or disclose for any purpose.
RULES OF CONDUCT
The prohibited actions and prohibited materials set forth in the TripActions Community Guidelines, as updated byTripActions from time to time, currently available at Community Guidelines (the “Community Guidelines”), set forth prohibited actions and materials with respect to use of the Community. As set forth in Community Guidelines, you will not (and you will not allow your users or any third party to):
- Use the Community for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Harvest or collect information about Users.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to, the Community or the servers or networks used to make the Community available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Community; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Interfere with or disrupt the integrity of any information, data, content or other materials available in or through the Community.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Community.
- Disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile any portion of the Community or use the Community to determine whether there is infringement of a patent, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Community, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Community into any product or service.
- Systematically download and store any information, data, content or other materials available in or through the Community.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather any information, data, content or other materials available in or through the Community, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Community.
- Falsely state or imply that you are associated with TripActions or another person or company.
- Access or use of the Community if you are TripActions direct competitor, or access or use the Community for any competitive purposes, including to build a competitive product or service, or any product or service using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics as the Community, or for purposes of benchmarking or otherwise monitoring the Community’s availability, performance or functionality.
- Remove or modify any Community markings or any notices, including any markings or notices of TripActions or any other party’s proprietary rights.
- Use any portion of any Community for any purpose, including duplicating any portion of the Community, using any portion of the Community for your internal business operations, for production purposes or for any commercial purpose (including use in connection with any advertising or other commercial solicitation), or making available to any third party any portion of the Community.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other products or services needed to use or access the Community. In addition, please remember that you may be providing information, data, content or other materials to a diverse and international audience. Things that do not seem abusive, obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable may seem so to others. You will treat other users of the Community with courtesy and respect.
REGISTRATION; USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
TripActions Community Account. You need to register to use or access all or part of the Community and create a user account (the “TripActions Community Account”.) TripActions may reject, or require that you change any login credentials or other information that you provide in registering and creating a TripActions Community Account (collectively, the “Registration Information”). Your login credentials are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential. You, and not TripActions, are responsible for any use or misuse of your login credentials and all activities occurring from any TripActions Community Account that you have. You must use reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of and prevent unauthorized use of, and you must promptly notify TripActions of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of, your login credentials or your TripActions Community Account. TripActions considers any TripActions Community Account with the same email address, phone number or other unique identifier, as verified by TripActions in accordance with its procedures, to belong to the same User.
You and other Users may have the ability to make certain information, data, content or other materials, including testimonials, reviews, posts, comments and other user-generated content, pictures and documents available through or in connection with the Community (each, a “Submission”), including on profile pages or on the Community’s interactive products or services, such as message boards and other forums, and chatting, commenting and other messaging functionality. Submissions reflect only the opinions of the user who made available the Submission and not the opinions of TripActions, regardless of whether the User is affiliated with TripActions or not. Any Submissions made available through any message board or forum in response to posted questions, or that otherwise purports to answer any questions, including any questions about TripActions, its services or products, or the Community, are made available for your general knowledge only and should never be relied upon as answers to your specific questions (even if an answer is marked as a “best” answer or with any similar qualifications). You should always contact the TripActions Community Manager for answers to your specific questions about TripActions’ services or products at [email protected]
TripActions has no control over Submissions, and is not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions. YOU MUST NOT MAKE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION OF ANY OTHER PERSON) PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COMMUNITY (EXCEPT, FOR CLARITY, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU MAKE AVAILABLE IN REGISTRATION INFORMATION FIELDS PROVIDED BY TRIPACTIONS THAT REQUEST SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU DO MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COMMUNITY, AND, IF YOU MAKE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COMMUNITY, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Feedback. If you provide or otherwise make available to TripActions any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations, corrections or other feedback (“Feedback”), whether related to the Community or otherwise, then the terms applicable to Submissions will also apply to such Feedback, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and does not place TripActions under any fiduciary or other obligation.
CONTENT AND USAGE DATA
TripActions may monitor, evaluate, alter or remove any Submissions. In addition, TripActions may track or analyze your access to or use of the Community, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, for any reason or purpose (including for diagnostic or marketing purposes).
TripActions owns and reserves all rights, title and interests in and to the Community, which are protected by proprietary rights and laws, including all related intellectual property rights. None of the Community or Third Party Materials (as defined below) is sold to you.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS
TRIPACTIONS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND TRIPACTIONS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. THE COMMUNITY MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THE AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF TRIPACTIONS AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “TRIPACTIONS AFFILIATED PARTIES”), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
While TripActions tries to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Community, it does not guarantee that the Community is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Communities will be uninterrupted.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, (A) TRIPACTIONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM TRIPACTIONS OPERATION OR PROVISION OF, OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE, THE COMMUNITY OR ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING FROM ANY VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE, EASTER EGG, TIME BOMB, SPYWARE OR OTHER SIMILAR COMPUTER CODE, FILE OR PROGRAM THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; AND (B) YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE COMMUNITY OR ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS IS TO STOP USING THE COMMUNITY OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS.
ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THE AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH TRIPACTIONS AND EACH TRIPACTIONS AFFILIATED PARTY, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
TripActions reserves the right to (1) discontinue, impose limits on, or restrict access to any aspect of the Community at any time, with or without cause or notice, including the availability of any of the features, delivery services, databases, or content, or (2) edit or delete any documents, information, or other content appearing in in the Community.