As part of our global Data team based from the EMEA Headquarters located in Amsterdam, you will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to transform data into data products and actionable insights and tools. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers.
In partnership with business stakeholders, build and develop data science products like recommenders, predictive models, and customer and product segmentation. Tasks include:
- Identifying business problem and translating them into successful data science implementations
- Estimate how much time a project will require for completion, what are the bottlenecks, and staying on track regarding deliverables and deadlines
- In partnership with Data Engineering, designing and implementing data flows to support and enable data products
- Build, evaluate, deploy and monitor model(s) for the product
- Build visualizations and insight dashboards to support usage and understanding of your data products
- Implement controls in your products to ensure ongoing reliability and accuracy
- Conduct advanced univariate and multivariate analysis on large data sets to generate insights and recommendations in projects like NPS sentiment analysis, A/B testing, drivers analysis, and "best customer" attribute modeling
- As necessary, support the general data team with business reporting and analytics requests (max 25% of the time)
- Provide business expertise and guidance (consultative partnership) on how to apply DS products and insights within business operations and strategy
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in the area of data science
- Ph.D. or Masters in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or information science
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Science
- Experienced and proficient in machine learning/deep learning tooling, for example Python (including scipy, numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow) , R and Spark
- Experienced and proficient in using SQL to build and manage data sources for analysis
- Experienced and proficient in modeling techniques like regression, dimension reduction, supervised and unsupervised learning, collaborative filtering, and deep learning (RNNs, CNNs, LSTMs)
- Experienced in representing your findings and models via BI tools like Tableau
- Familiar with development best practices in building data science products via tools like git
- Ability to translate business opportunities and needs into analytics projects and data science products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytics and models in "human interpretable" insights
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].