Based in our EMEA Headquarters located in Amsterdam, you’ll be at the center of building product impact in this fast-paced, exciting role. You will work closely with the Product and Design team and you will have a huge impact on our product, what it looks like and how it was built.
As a Back-end Engineer, you will be part of a team developing the core business logic, APIs and backend infrastructure. You will collaborate with Frontend, Product, Design teams and business stakeholders to build innovative features that will greatly enhance the booking and travel user experience.
We’re looking for people with experience and a strong interest in delivering successful product. We need engineers who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers.
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services
- Developing models and business logic
- Building out newly enabled product features
- Own features or functional areas. Ensure the quality of the features you built, follow-up on usage/issues post release.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with product team, designers and other engineers
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Excellent in Java (3+ years experience)
- Experience with Spring Framework (2+ years).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies (2+ years)
- Experience with domain object modelling
- Experience designing and building REST APIs for single page web or mobile consumer facing apps
- Experience building Java services for systems at scale
- Experience working with Java concurrency
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Worked collaboratively on a software development team
- Experience building backend for consumer facing products
- Experience working for startups strongly desired
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- Passionate about travel
- Experience with AI/Machine learning
- Experience with noSQL technologies
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].