As TripActions continues to see significant adoption in the market and grow 20%+ MoM, we are looking for a Commercial Sales Manager to help lead, train, coach, scale, and motivate a team of high performing, quota crushing Commercial Account Executives. This role will report directly to the VP of Inside Sales & will be the first front line manager in Chicago. We are looking for a natural leader who loves to sell, is energized by nurturing and developing people, can scale an effective process, and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a fast-cycle, complex sales process.
This person will manage a team of 8-10 Account Executives and ultimately drive net new revenue growth.
- Hire and continue to build out a team of exceptional Account Executives
- Connect Account Executives to key resources and clear roadblocks, enabling them to achieve and/or exceed their revenue goals
- Oversee day-to-day activity of your AE team members and monitor performance goals while providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and guidance through weekly 1:1s and or ad hoc discussions
- Develop and report weekly sales revenue forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Track CAE team activity and performance metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Develop, Train and Inspire team members on a daily basis and recognize and reward accomplishments and contribution including competitions and spiffs
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage as well as accurate forecasting practices
- Support team growth by developing and/or maintaining content for onboarding, training, scripts, and playbooks
- 3+ years experience as a sales leader/manager
- Demonstrable success in leading/managing inside or field sales teams with a SaaS product and solution sales approach
- 3+ years as an individual, closing role specific, sales person within the technology and/or travel industries
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training top talent, particularly in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Strong leadership experience, with a focus on training, coaching and motivation
- Expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing
- Ability to function in “Player/Coach” role that includes customer facing engagement
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Technical aptitude, and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].