This is a very unique role which combines the small team feeling of a startup launching a brand new product, with the perks, opportunity size and impact of a big company. Our team is building the next big thing, from scratch, as an independent startup, but all within the hypergrowth context of TripActions. You have a chance to heavily impact the roadmap of a nascent product and organization.
We are looking for a senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build a new generation of our mobile applications with the Payment team.
- Re-imagine how people travel
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Analyze and optimize UI for quality, efficiency and performance
- Work collaboratively with Product managers and designers on defining the best mobile user experience
- Live and breathe beautiful mobile experiences
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- + years of experience building high-quality Android apps.
- Experience building consumer facing apps.
- Published apps in the market
- Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for server-side development using Java/ Kotlin as the primary language
- You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- A solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s focusing on integration with back-end services
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
- Passionate about Android and are always up to date with the latest industry trends concerning OS, devices, applications, web technologies and new user interactions as they are released.
- Passionate about building fantastic mobile user experience (strong in building animations, beautiful UI components)
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors (maps/GPS, fingerprint)
- Hands on experience with continuous integration
- Fin-tech experience
- Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience.
- Experience with MVVM/ MVP.
- iOS development experience
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].