We are looking for a Principal Back-end Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing web technologies to the limits. This engineer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our web applications. The backend engineer will work closely with other app development and technical teams and will design and implement backend features and JSON REST APIs using Java, Spring and Hibernate.
We currently do have 2 products and this role is dedicated to the latest one we are building associated to Payment.
This position is open to our San Francisco or Palo Alto offices.
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services in Java using Spring and Hibernate
- Developing models and business logic
- Building out newly enabled product features
- Own features or functional areas. Ensure the quality of the features you built, follow-up on usage/issues post release.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with product team, designers and other engineers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years professional experience preferred
- Excellent in Java EE (2+ years experience)
- Experience designing and building REST APIs for single page web or mobile consumer facing applications
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience ORM technologies
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Worked collaboratively on a software development team
- Experience building backend for consumer facing products, e-commerce or financial systems desired.
- Experience working for startups desired
- Experience with Couchbase, Apache CXF
- Experience building travel booking applications
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].