TripActions is looking for someone with strong analytical, problem solving, relationship and negotiation skills to join our Travel Professional Services team as a Hotel Consultant. The ideal candidate will have hotel corporate sales and/or consulting experience with a solid understanding of hotel pricing and yield management.
You will be a trusted advisor to assigned clients, helping them build, implement and manage successful diversified hotel programs for their companies. This work will include travel policy consultation tailored to meeting client program objectives. The position will also work closely with the Supplier Lodging and Content Acquisition teams to ensure access to appropriate accommodation inventory.
As a subject matter expert on hotel pricing and corporate discounting, you will be responsible for analyzing and understanding customer requirements, and matching them with appropriate hotel sourcing strategies, including the use of consumer CUG rates, corporate negotiated fixed and dynamic discounts, and TripActions program rates. This includes evaluating the savings potential of proposals, negotiating improved terms, balancing target requirements and managing ongoing compliance and performance to optimize program results.
This role reports into the Head of Consulting in our Palo Alto HQ office and works with stakeholders across the company in Customer Success, Sales, Supplier Strategy, and Finance. The position will be US based (preferably Bay Area).
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with assigned customers (C-suite and travel/procurement) to ensure their hotel program goals are aligned with their business strategy
- Work closely with your client’s Customer Success Manager to develop a joint success plan for your customers
- Provide managed travel thought leadership to assigned clients
- Provide hotel market pricing and supplier program subject matter expertise
- Analyze client hotel service requirements
- Evaluate savings impact of supplier contracts and proposals
- Craft and recommend optimal mix of supplier programs (at property and chain level) to meet client needs/objectives
- Review ongoing client performance and implement corrective actions with clients/suppliers as necessary
- Act as the “client advocate” in reviewing client performance and negotiating new terms with suppliers
- Assist in development/refinement of hotel analytical tools including contract/proposal term savings evaluator, hotel simulation and comparative analysis model and client performance dashboards
- Be an internal leader and influencer: Solicit input and seek synergy on key supplier related issues from clients and internal stakeholders, including Supplier Strategy, Customer Success, Sales, and Travel Operations
- Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years in hotel corporate sales/consulting, hotel pricing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong analytical skills; proven ability to structure and analyze ambiguous and complex business problems and data sets.
- Experience in working with algorithms and financial models
- Previous experience leading hotel rate and amenity negotiations and/or contract renewals preferred.
- Must like to work in a collaborative environment with team goals. This is a cross-functional role that must build and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with clients as well as several teams within TripActions
- Must be comfortable with a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment.
- Travel expected on a needed basis.
TripActions is the fastest-growing global business travel platform loved by the world's most innovative companies. We are an end-to-end travel platform making business travel as easy and delightful as possible for road warriors. With 97% traveler satisfaction, learn more about why innovative customers across various industries, including Dropbox, Lyft, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Stella & Dot and the ACLU trust TripActions to support their business travel at tripactions.com.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to TripActions success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].