TripActions is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until it is safe to return to office.
TripActions Liquid is a next generation payments and expense solution that is disrupting the market by taking advantage of the latest fintech infrastructure from providers like Stripe, Visa, Plaid, and Modern Treasury. Combined with their technology forward approach to corporate travel, Liquid's vision is to completely eliminate the concept of expense reports from submitting to approvals to reconciliation. The company has raised over $800M including a recent $155M at a $5B valuation from investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Lightspeed to help accelerate the payments and expense offering with a plan to become a public company in the next few years. The team is looking for engineers across all levels and roles (backend, frontend, mobile), product managers, finops, fraud and credit risk, and they are open to having employees located across the country.
TripActions Liquid is looking for a Director of Software Engineering to help lead a product-focused engineering team. This team develops and supports the features that our end users will rely on every day and delivers delightful, consumer-like experiences in the workplace.
This position will be responsible for growing a Product Engineering team (e.g. recruiting, career development, mentoring), as well as project execution (e.g. high quality feature releases and improvements). The role will have both ICs and Managers as direct reports.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead our growing software engineering team
- Oversee product development from concept to production.
- Drive timely delivery of the Liquid product.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management.
- Communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs and practices as we grow and expand.
- Be a voice for the team and strong culture carrier with leadership
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience growing and scaling software teams, both front-end, back-end and mobile.
- 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading/managing cross-functional development teams.
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership/accountability.
- Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Fast becoming the default for corporate travel and expenses, TripActions is the leading, cloud-based T&E platform that combines industry-leading tech with best-in-class travel agents. Trusted by more than 4,000 companies globally, TripActions empowers organizations with real-time data to make business decisions, paired with flexible T&E management tools that enable them to adapt to changing market conditions to keep traveling employees safe, control costs, and save money.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.