TripActions LiquidTM is a next-generation spend management solution that is disrupting the market by offering virtual and physical corporate cards that eliminate the need for traditional expense reports—from approval submission to reconciliation. By tying the cards to customized spend policies and employees’ itineraries, TripActions Liquid automatically recognizes and files reports at time of purchase for real-visibility and control over spend.
In January 2021, TripActions announced its Series E funding of $155M at an upround valuation of $5B to help accelerate future growth plans. In April, TripActions and Visa announced an expanded strategic partnership. Through the new partnership with Visa, TripActions will accelerate the growth of its next-generation corporate card offering, increasing access to flexible payment methods with built-in policy controls
TripActions Liquid is looking for a Director Backend Software Engineer to help lead a product-focused backend engineering team. This team develops and supports the features that our end users will rely on every day and delivers delightful, consumer-like experiences in the workplace.
This position will be responsible for growing a Backend Engineering team (e.g. recruiting, career development, mentoring), as well as project execution (e.g. high quality feature releases and improvements). This leader will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our web applications to make our product more reliable and scalable as we continue to grow.
What You’ll Do:
● Lead our growing backend engineering team
● Oversee product development from concept to production
● Drive timely delivery of the Liquid product
● Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management
● Communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts
● Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs and practices as we grow and expand
● Be a voice for the team and strong culture carrier with leadership
What We’re Looking For:
● Experience growing and scaling software teams
● 10+ years of Software Development Experience
● 5+ years of experience leading/managing cross-functional development teams
● Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
● Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment
● Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership/accountability
● Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Fast becoming the default for corporate travel and spend management, TripActions is the leading cloud-based T&E platform that combines industry-first technology with best-in-class travel agency service. Trusted by travel managers and finance teams alike at more than 5,000 companies globally, TripActions leverages real-time data to keep traveling employees safe, control costs, and save time.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreeseen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, GreenOaks Capital, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel and Elad Gil. In January 2021, TripActions announced its Series E funding of $155M at an upround valuation of $5B to help accelerate future growth plans.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at [email protected].
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.