TripActions LiquidTM is an expense and corporate card solution that eliminates the hassles of expense management while giving finance leaders real-time spend visibility and control. TripActions Liquid provides employees with a refreshingly easy way to pay for what they need while giving finance leaders one easy place to control, manage, and track spend. With physical and virtual cards, smart policy management, and automated expense reports, TripActions Liquid streamlines the entire business spending process — driving cost-savings, productivity, and compliance.
In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at a post-money upround valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In April 2021, TripActions and Visa announced an expanded strategic partnership. Through the new partnership with Visa, TripActions will accelerate the growth of its next-generation corporate card offering, increasing access to flexible payment methods with built-in policy controls.
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
As one of the senior leaders of our global Data team based from the company HQ in Palo Alto, California, you will work closely with stakeholders from across the liquid business including product, finance, and operations to define the data needs and products which will drive the business forward. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious, knowledgeable about data strategy in FinTech, and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers. We take great pride in our diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives and we strongly believe this is helping us to grow as a successful and impactful team.
We are looking for an experienced data leader to join our team and help take our application of BI/DS in Liquid to the next level!
What You’ll Do:
- This person should be curious and inject curiosity into their group
- Define and iteratively execute your plan to better understand and maximize the sufficient causal drivers of our business
- Collaborate with dozens of internal stakeholders to help set company-wide strategy across all areas of our FinTech product
- Improve our ability to both ask better questions and answer questions better, using a combination of both qualitative and quantitative information
- Manage a growing team through layers and reinforce a culture of context (not control), democratized power, radical candor
- Continue to scale and up-level a highly committed team via rapid hiring, functional practices, and a culture of excellence
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in at least 3 of the 4 following areas: data science, machine learning, product analytics, and/or user research.
- 3+ years of management experience, including working with cross-functional teams and managing managers
- Exceptional background in managing a data team for a FinTech product
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in summarizing highly technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- Strong people management abilities and instincts, especially managing managers and managing a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative background
TripActions is the only all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 8,800+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In February 2022, the TripActions Group announced its acquisition of Berlin-based travel management company, Comtravo, which was closely followed by the addition of leading Scandinavian travel agency Resia AB, the group’s third acquisition in nine months, following the acquisition of Reed & Mackay in May of 2021.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.