TripActions is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to help build processes, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in the company’s close process. You will lead the Travel group of the Corporate Accounting team that is responsible for the finance operations of the company’s travel partners and suppliers. This role will require you to develop strong working relationships with various levels of management and cross-functional partnerships across Product, Engineering, Data, Travel Operations and Travel Experience.
A key focus of this role will be to collaborate closely with the internal Product teams to define Finance requirements and drive automation. You will be involved end to end in building new travel offerings, enhancing present booking flows and resolving product issues/bugs that impact accounting operations.
You will play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization to develop the existing team members and to grow the Travel Accounting function. Core responsibilities for the role will be driving financial close efficiencies, automating partner/supplier operations, and developing/implementing process improvements for scaled operations.
This is a full time role reporting to the Controller working out of our Palo Alto office.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate and lead the monthly financial close and reporting activities for the company’s supplier/partner operations
- Review GL activity and account reconciliations; ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial results
- Oversee the reconciliation of the company’s merchant accounts and merchant of record transaction flows; build and implement controls for variance analysis and risk tolerance
- Work directly with internal Product teams to build new inventory offerings and to resolve product issues/bugs
- Implement reconciliation software tool to automate manual reconciliation processes
- Mentor and develop the US & India based teams in implementing best in class processes and coach team members for success; scale the team for increased company growth
- Work closely with the global accounting teams and functions to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance of deliverables
- Contribute to quarterly and annual audit filings/requirements and ad hoc projects
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Lead ad hoc projects and work as part of a cross-functional team
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting/Finance, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or a high tech organization
- 5+ years of managing people
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting, internal controls and financial reporting
- Hands-on experience in managing general accounting operations and performing accounting analysis
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and drive efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- NetSuite, Workday, Carta, GSuite experience a plus
- Big 4 accounting a plus
TripActions is the only all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 8,800+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In February 2022, the TripActions Group announced its acquisition of Berlin-based travel management company, Comtravo, which was closely followed by the addition of leading Scandinavian travel agency Resia AB, the group’s third acquisition in nine months, following the acquisition of Reed & Mackay in May of 2021.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.