The TripActions Legal team is looking for a smart, experienced, empathetic attorney with a passion for company culture to oversee the company’s employment legal needs. This attorney will own employment-related legal advice and support to the People team and the business at large, for the US and globally. This role is ideal for an experienced employment attorney who is excited by the challenge of building an in-house employment legal function.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter or written statement telling us why you are interested in working at TripActions at this time and in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise and support the People Team and business partners on employment-law related matters, including hiring, performance management, terminations, discrimination, harassment, accommodations, leaves of absence, wage and hour issues, incentive compensation, employee investigations, restructuring initiatives and corporate development (M&A) activity.
- Collaborate with privacy counsel to understand and implement employee privacy and data protection requirements
- Draft and revise global employment legal documents, including employment contracts, incentive compensation plans, and personnel policies
- Select and manage outside legal counsel and other services providers as needed
- Manage global employment litigation matters in conjunction with outside counsel
- Monitor new employment laws, regulations and decisions affecting global workforce
- Lean in to support the Legal team in other subject matter areas when needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- J.D. degree, or international law degree + LLM
- Member of the California bar in good standing
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a practicing employment attorney is required (though more is welcome)
- Prior experience as an employment attorney in-house at a fast-paced technology company is ideal
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires you to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs
- Clear, crisp communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are essential for success in this role
TripActions is the only all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 8,800+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In February 2022, the TripActions Group announced its acquisition of Berlin-based travel management company, Comtravo, which was closely followed by the addition of leading Scandinavian travel agency Resia AB, the group’s third acquisition in nine months, following the acquisition of Reed & Mackay in May of 2021.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.