At TripActions, our mission is to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. We help our travelers focus on being there, not getting there and our Travel Experience team is central to this mission!
As a member of our quickly growing Travel Experience team, you will be responsible for directly supporting our users’ travel needs. As owners of customer satisfaction, your role is to solve issues, communicate effectively, and collaborate with internal teams to remove any barriers for the traveler - all while providing a best-in-class customer experience. As the front line of our business, you will have a unique opportunity to provide regular feedback to our product, design and engineering teams as they work towards continually improving our customer facing and internal platforms. This is an exciting role where you will have a direct impact on our day to day operations, traveler experience and product development!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist our travelers with best-in-class personalized travel support, by helping them resolve issues before, during and after travel. This may require helping with basic cancellations, changes, and updates to hotel, flight, car and rail bookings.
- Provide accurate and detailed fare information for hotel, flight, car and rail bookings, as needed.
- Ensure traveler requests are responded to within SLA requirements by comfortably navigating between chat and phone systems and our online travel tool.
- Follow company, client and vendor procedures and policies while providing the highest level service to our travelers
- Troubleshoot issues by regularly referring to our agent tools for guidelines on how to best assist the traveler
- Provide regular feedback to Product and Engineering teams to ensure agents tools are meeting the needs of our internal teams.
- Participate in regular team meetings to ensure you are up to date on new product launches, industry updates and exciting team initiatives and programs.
- Constantly improve your travel industry and platform knowledge so we continue to set the standard for best-in-class travel agents
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as a travel consultant or similar role in the travel industry or relevant Customer Service experience
- 2+ years of GDS experience preferred, but not required
- Tech Savvy - not an expert but will be confident in Gmail, Zendesk, Slack and Salesforce as well as our internal travel customer service platform.
- Reliable and flexible with an openness to working non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization
- Ability to multitask with a desire to resolve urgent matters as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- An empathetic disposition with the ability to maintain a professional attitude at all times
- An independent thinker who is able to use available resources to troubleshoot issues and resolve customer inquiries.
- A skilled communicator with excellent verbal and written communication
- A team player who thrives in collaborating, giving and receiving feedback and lifting others up
- An interest in travel with a basic understanding of world geography
TripActions is the only all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 8,800+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In February 2022, the TripActions Group announced its acquisition of Berlin-based travel management company, Comtravo, which was closely followed by the addition of leading Scandinavian travel agency Resia AB, the group’s third acquisition in nine months, following the acquisition of Reed & Mackay in May of 2021.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.