We are looking for a deeply experienced mixed-method researcher who can drive qualitative and quantitative (survey) research from design through execution and socialization. As part of the Product team, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and UXR leadership to develop an insights engine that directly informs how we create useful, usable, delightful new products.
This role will drive insights across the Travel organization at TripActions. We are looking for someone passionate about maturing the way the organization thinks about data. You will own our recurring survey programs, including the NPS, and will weave data at scale (e.g., from surveys) into rich narratives that include qualitative data, as well. You will build relationships across the entire Travel organization to help prioritize addressing the most pressing questions. You are excited about operationalizing a customer-driven culture.
What You’ll Do
- Lay the foundation for Travel products and go-to-market strategies for new Travel offerings through insights from mixed-methods research that you lead, as well as insights you curate from external sources.
- Build and execute end-to-end research projects to provide deep user insights and broad market context to drive product roadmaps.
- Conduct primary research to understand the behaviors and motivations of our users using a range of methods (user interviews, surveys, usability testing, card sort, tree tests, field visits, logs analysis, etc.).
- Define research roadmaps for the Travel organization in close coordination with the Director of UXR, Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Product Marketers to ensure research supports and helps to define product group goals, timelines, and deliverables.
- Become an advocate for users throughout the product development cycle, especially as a participant in product discussions, design reviews, and postmortems.
- Create high quality deliverables and present research findings to a broad range of stakeholders (executives, product managers, designers, engineers, customer support, marketing, sales, etc.) to ground our work in a clear understanding of our users.
- Define UX approaches and metrics, including introducing new and innovative approaches to measure users’ experiences.
- Select, consult with, and manage research vendors (assessing proposals, evaluating budget considerations, managing contracts, etc.).
- Identify new opportunities to create repeatable processes that help the UX team scale.
What We're Looking For
- Competitive applicants for the role will typically have 5-15 years of experience in industry
- Extensive experience working on a UX Research, experience or service design, or product team conducting both qualitative and quantitative research.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research life-cycle (design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, socialization, budgeting).
- Mixed-methods research expertise, including a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods (usability testing, concept testing, focus groups, in-depth interviews, diary studies, surveys, etc.), and a firm grasp on when and how to apply them.
- Secondary research experience, including capabilities around evaluation, curation, and evangelization of external market research, as well as competitive analysis.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Demonstrated experience creating scalable UXR processes, mentoring others, and helping cross-functional stakeholders interpret and leverage research, preferably across international markets. You should have a positive attitude about democratizing research and connecting your colleagues with customers.
- A bias for action. You are self motivated and comfortable bringing definition to ambiguity.
- A positive attitude. You’re a team player and resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around.
- Bonus points for Travel experience, SQL, R, and/or SPSS skills.
TripActions is the only all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 8,800+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans. In February 2022, the TripActions Group announced its acquisition of Berlin-based travel management company, Comtravo, which was closely followed by the addition of leading Scandinavian travel agency Resia AB, the group’s third acquisition in nine months, following the acquisition of Reed & Mackay in May of 2021.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.