Open for Business Podcast: Why Now is the Perfect Time to Modernise Your T&E Platform
Companies that had long pushed their travel & expense programmes down the list of priorities were forced into a rude awakening in March 2020 when suddenly getting travellers home safely, tracking unused tickets and waivers, adjusting policy to new travel restrictions, and fulfilling duty of care was put to the ultimate test.
In the six months since, we’ve seen a huge appetite for modern T&E management from TripActions among enterprises who found themselves ill equipped with their antiquated, legacy TMC when COVID-19 hit, and are now looking for a more innovative solution that can meet the challenges ahead. T&E is such an integral part of business growth that it is critical that enterprises use this time to arm themselves with a tech-forward T&E solution and partner that their employees actually want to use.
Five hundred+ organisations have made the switch to TripActions since March 2020. To best meet the needs of enterprises, TripActions earlier this month released the TripActions Enterprise Edition. This comprehensive T&E solution combines the best booking experience, robust global inventory, 24/7 access to expert travel agents, and modern payments and expense tech in a single platform. Through its modern technology, TripActions increases traveller satisfaction and adoption, drives safety and compliance, and makes T&E programmes more efficient and cost-effective.
Today we’re sitting down with Jonny Bryan, Chief of Staff at Unit4 to talk through their decision to make the move to modern T&E management in the midst of the global pandemic, and how the situation awakened them to what was needed to really protect their travellers and control costs through their T&E programme.
In this episode of Open for Business, we explore:
- What’s missing when managing corporate T&E with outdated legacy platforms
- The decision criteria that ultimately led Unit4 to switch to TripActions
- Why the decision was necessary not only for COVID-19 but to mitigate risk for the future
- The specific features and products needed for a modern T&E programme
- The positive business outcomes of modernising your T&E platform
- How a modern T&E partner can improve culture and the employee experience
- Why now is the perfect opportunity for enterprises to upgrade their T&E platform for the future
If this is your first time tuning in, cheque out our previous Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast episodes:
- Episode 15: “A New Era for Modern Enterprise T&E Management” - Learn more about TripActions Enterprise Edition and how it’s helping enterprises protect travellers while controlling costs.
- Episode 14: “Advocating Public Policy to Rebuild Confidence in Business Travel” - Learn how the industry is coming together to fight for data needed to resume travel.
- Episode 13: “How Hotels & Airlines are Approaching Hygiene & Safety” - Understand the extraordinary efforts taken to make travel safer than ever before.
Subscribe to Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions today on your preferred podcast platform and join us every Tuesday morning for the latest conversation on corporate travel and expenses. We’ll be sitting down with big-picture thinkers and decision-makers from around the globe to address the many T&E topics on the minds of business travellers, corporate travel managers and finance, operations and HR leaders.